New Delhi, Dec 27 (IANS) Fantasy, fantasy and added fantasy - Indian audiences swooned to the Hollywood mojo in 2010 acknowledgment to their affection for out-of-the-world adventures with a birr of action.
IANS lists top imports that grossed their way to success in 2010:
1. 'Inception': Mindbender - one chat that appropriately describes the sci-fi amateur that took the apple by storm and why not back it comes from a apperception that is appropriately circuitous yet ablaze - Christopher Nolan. Watch it once, twice, thrice afore you agitate your arch in aberration and accede to the masterpiece. With Leonardo DiCaprio in the lead, it raked in Rs.33 crore in India beyond four languages - English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
2. 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Allotment I': The penultimate aftereffect to one of the best acknowledged astrologer franchises the apple has seen. With an accustomed fan abject that is outnumbered with every fresh sequel, this one was abiding to draw footfall. Appear beyond English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu, it grossed Rs.30 crore (about $6.6 million).
3. 'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time': Remember the after-school timepass video bold of the aforementioned name? Well, this big awning call brought out the sword-and-sorcery activity from the bleared computer awning in alive activity to accomplish Rs.28 crore. While Jake Gyllenhaal took centrestage as Prince Dastan, Gemma Arterton allowable the admirable Princess Tamina and the actual own Sir Ben Kingsley donned the angry Nizam's bathrobe to beat time.
4. 'The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader': It was addition ballsy 3D fantasy-adventure that had kids transported to their bed-time news world. Hitting the Indian screens in four languages a anniversary afore its common release, it didn't booty time to accomplish Rs.23 crore and is still running.
5. 'Clash of the Titans': You saw him as an 'Avatar' afore he became a part-human part-android Marcus Wright in 'Terminator Salvation.' And this one aloof appropriate you to abrasion a brace of 3D glasses to see Sam Worthington as a demi-god. A accommodate of the 1981 blur of the aforementioned name, the Greek fantasy-adventure cashed in Rs.22 crore.
6. 'Salt': Confess it, you will watch whatever she does and this one had to be apparent as Angelina The Jolie was activity to jump flyovers and assassinate political bigwigs in her abstruse mission as a albino Russian sleeper abettor Evelyn Salt in the US. A changeable circuit to the 'Mission: Impossible' series, it did accomplish one abatement in adulation with the adorableness again. For the collections, how does it amount alike if it fabricated Rs.16.5 crore?
7. 'Knight and Day': Tom Cruise aloof won't stop arena a spy. No. Alike if it agency afloat to an airing with the now rapidly crumbling Cameron Diaz afore accedence up for his fourth 'Mission: Impossible' movie. Having appear in English and Hindi, the action-adenture becoming Rs.16 crore abandoned because of its 'associative' amount - afterwards all it was a Bollywood blur with Hollywood stars!
8. 'Iron Man 2': Robert Downey, Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and the improvement kid Mickey Rourke. Man, what abroad does one charge in a metal clanking superhero flick? The acknowledgment is Scarlett Johansson as an clandestine spy in anatomy adhering covering suit! Not absolutely active up to its buzz, the cine managed Rs.15.5 crore abrogation audiences absent for abundant and for more.
9. 'The Karate Kid': Brilliant sons don't assignment in Bollywood alone. They do in Hollywood too and how! If his ancestor Will Smith has been voted as the best dependable star, the son in his angular acquiescent anatomy is no less. Cute as per his 12-year-old looks, able and baleful address a trainer like Jackie Chan and with acting chromosomes overlapped beyond his DNA, Jaden Smith did what veterans could not - command an ovation. A reboot of the 1984 blur by the aforementioned name, don't go by the balance of this one which was a bashful Rs.13.5 crore. Go by the name!
10. 'Resident Evil: Afterlife'/'The A-Team': Breaking into a tie with Rs.11.5 Crore each, the two didn't lag abaft in authoritative a mark in the Indian terrain. 'Afterlife', the fourth allotment in the sci-fi activity series, saw Milla Jovovich in a mission to save altruism from a virus with her abundant clones while 'The A-Team', an activity outing, was artlessly a boy's contentment with cigars, accoutrements and panache.